According to a press release, USA Cycling (USAC) and Visit Bend have announced a one-year extension to their event hosting agreement to include the 2013 USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships.
of over 3,000 people for an average length-of-stay
of 8 nights. The estimated economic impact of the
five-day event exceeded $1 million dollars in
direct consumer spending.”
Doug LaPlaca, CEO of Visit Bend, commented via email that a good working relationship with USAC, as well as positive feedback from racers about the venue played important roles in Bend playing host for a third consecutive year.
Dates for the 2012 USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships are set for September 5-9.
Micah Rice, Managing Director of National Events for USAC, added,
“We usually do 2 year deals with cities, but everyone was so excited about Bend this last year that everyone had pressure to extend the deal. Bend and Visit Bend do such a great job of rolling out the red carpet for our members that we brought it back by popular demand.”
In other racing news, here’s a listing of the Central Oregonians who will battle the double-digit cold and snow of Madison, WI in this year’s USA Cycling Cyclocross National Championship races which start tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Scott Peterson (Master 45-49)
- Cole Sprague (singlespeed and at least one other category)
- Alice Drobna (singlespeed and at least one other category)
- Don Leet (Masters 60-64)
- Cameron Beard (Junior 13-14)
- Lance Haidet (Junior 15-16)
- Keenan Reynolds (Junior 15-16)
- Dawson Stallings (Junior 15-16)
- Colonel Reynolds (Master 50-54)
- Serena Gordon (Master 30-34 and at least one other category)
- Colin Dunlap (Junior 17-18)
- Brian Jorgensen (U23 19-22)
- Matt Fox (Master 30-34 and at least one other category)
- Damian Schmitt (Master 30-34 and at least one other category)
- Ryan Trebon (Elite)
If you’d like to see races, click here for a live stream of the racing action.